Thursday, January 15, 2009

Duncan's Murder


Murder- a common term used for the killing of another human being.

I smirk at the thought of seeing my dear husband, Macbeth, as king. To achieve this satisfaction, we must kill Duncan. This is the only possible way to sustain our goals and live many years of happiness. Just by looking at this man of whom we call king, images of my very own father pop into my head. How can I kill someone who reminds me of someone so close to me in life?

I would not be able to pull something of this sort on my own. Also, I would never be able to kill Duncan, the one who resembles my very own father. I need Macbeth to kill him for us. How will I be able to convince Macbeth to do the deed? He too, of course, wants to become king as badly as I do but would he be able to commit such a crime? He is doubting himself and does not want to participate in such crime but how else are we to get this position? He and I both need this opportunity.

If he was a man, he too would do whatever it takes to be king. Is he not a man? He doubts himself for handling just the smallest of deeds. The quicker it is done, the faster we will get the happiness we deeply desire. I do not understand why he questions himself for this. We have gotten the whole scheme figured out. We will frame the guards. What else could there be to worry about? If Macbeth was a man, he would be able to do whatever it takes to succeed in life.
If only, Macbeth decided to be a man...

No comments:

Post a Comment